Style and Design

Got my cartilage pierced here (third piercing in this area along with multiple in my lobes). Felt great for the first 1-2 days, on the third it was extremely swollen and throbbing.

It continued to get worse along with suppuration, so I went to an Urgent Care. I was told to not remove the earring at this point (due to infection it could cause a pus sack) and I was prescribed oral antibtioics. Next morning my ear had swollen so much around the earring I had to return to Urgent care to get it removed (there was pus and blood dripping down my ear), I received and injection of antibiotics along with another dose of oral antibiotics. Luckily it improved, if it did not I was told I would have to go to the emergency room.

It was extremely painful. Physician Assistant and I believe it was caused by the person completing the piercing being unsanitary. I NEVER had any issues with my other piercings (which were not completed here) and I even purchased the white gold to help avoid any adverse reactions. I did follow all instructions they gave me with keeping the piercing clean.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Never again will I go back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Piercing Pagoda Ear Piercing.

Reason of review: Unsanitary .

I didn't like: Ear piercing personnel.

Comments

#1592041

This is why I tell people not to get their cartilage pierced with a gun. Not only is it too rough for the cartilage area, blunt force trauma can shatter cartilage, but the pre packed earrings they use do not have long enough posts to allow enough room for how much your ear is going to swell. And the ear care solution is not whats best to clean a cartilage piercing, you want to use a sea salt solution.

Yes it does use guns for cartilage piercings

Does this place use guns for cartilage piercings? Tried to find out on their site but it wasn't very helpful

to Charlie #1548409

Yuk! Which one did you go to?